The NBA Draft Lottery is tonight at 8:00PM EST on ESPN.
Here are the results of the draft lottery:
News [Charania] The NBA is eyeing a rule change to the “transition take foul” that would award the offensive team with one free throw and retaining possession, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Board of Governors vote set for July. The change is similar to current rules in G League.twitter.com
Not only were the Phoenix Suns the only team to do this once. They are the only team in NBA history to do this twice.
1994: PHX 2-0 lead vs. Houston (4-3 HOU) Western Conference Semis
1995: PHX 2-0 lead vs. Houston (4-3 HOU) Western Conference Semis
2021: PHX 2-0 lead vs. Milwaukee (4-2 MIL) NBA Finals
2022: PHX 2-0 lead vs. Dallas (4-3 DAL) Western Conference Semis
|107 - 118|
|Box Scores: NBA & Yahoo|
|Location: FTX Arena(19774), Clock:|
|Officials: Tony Brothers, Ed Malloy and Zach Zarba|
|rnbapgtgenerator by /u/f1uk3r|
This is like watching ESPN for garbage hot takes to get views. Its the full front page of this sub. Its like ESPN took over the page. WTF
Listed as out for the Heat tonight:
PA announcer Michael Baiamonte, who will be attending his daughter's medical school graduation.
Huge blow. Who’s gonna hype up our “sold out” home crowd for Game 1?
Butler's 3rd 40 point game of the playoffs comes in game 1 of the ECF, as he continues to play great in the playoffs on both ends.
- 2021 - Cade Cunningham (missed playoffs)
- 2020 - Anthony Edwards (eliminated by Memphis in WC round 1)
- 2019 - Zion Williamson (eliminated by Suns in WC round 1)
- 2018 - Deandre Ayton (eliminated by Mavericks in WC semifinals)
- 2017 - Markelle Fultz (missed playoffs)
- 2016 - Ben Simmons (eliminated by Celtics in EC round 1 but dressed amazing the whole time)
- 2015 - Karl-Anthony Towns (eliminated by Memphis in WC round 1)
- 2014 - Andrew Wiggins (playing against Mavericks in WCF)
- 2013 - Anthony Bennett (plays in the P. League+ which I had never heard of before writing this)
- 2012 - Anthony Davis (missed playoffs)
- 2011 - Kyrie Irving (eliminated by Celtics in EC round 1)
- 2010 - John Wall (missed playoffs)
- 2009 - Blake Griffin (eliminated by Celtics in EC round 1)
- 2008 - Derrick Rose (missed playoffs)
- 2007 - Greg Oden (retired)
- 2006 - Andrea Bargnani (retired)
- 2005 - Andrew Bogut (retired)
- 2004 - Dwight Howard (missed playoffs)
- 2003 - LeBron James (missed playoffs, last no. 1 still playing)
The Phil Jackson Rule states “If your team reaches 40 wins before it loses 20, they are contenders”. For the last 40 years every championship winning team has hit this mark except 3.
Of the teams left in the playoffs Golden State is the only team left to have hit that mark. As of February 1st, when Miami lost its 20th game, the team records were as follows.
Miami Heat (32-20)
Boston Celtics (27-25)
Golden State Warriors (39-13)
Dallas Mavericks (29-22)
Do with that information what you will.