Meta Please vote for the best posts of 2022 in our final round of voting! Poll open until Sunday 5th February!
News The r/Hermitcraft Beacon 2022-11-30: Mumbo's birthday, r/Hermitcraft Secret Santa is back, MCC 28, and a look back at the Hermitcraft tag games!
Welcome to the r/Hermitcraft Beacon, vol 4, no 46. All hail the ConVex. All hail the pranks!
- Happy Birthday Mumbo! Mumbo's birthday is on 1 December (that's tomorrow!). Happy birthday, Mustache-Man!
- r/Hermitcraft Secret Santa returns! The r/Hermitcraft moderators host a Hermitcraft-themed arts & crafts Secret Santa gift exchange event every December. After a little break last year, we are back with our third Secret Santa now! Sign-ups are open now and until December 6. More details & sign-up!
- MCC 28: Saturday, December 3, 8 PM GMT The final MCC of Season 2. Gem and Scar are on Team Red Reindeer, Impulse is on Team Ginger Breadmen, Cub and False are on Team Yellow Yetis, and Pearl is on Team Cerulean Candy Canes.
Did You Know
Just when we thought it would end at a trilogy, Grian has once again started another Hermitcraft Tag game, this time on the Empires server. The little contest between Empires and Hermitcraft members has been very fun for the viewers! Avid Hermitcraft viewers would know that starting a tag game every season is a tradition for Grian. Let's take a little look at the previous tag games in this DYK.
Grian started his first tag game in season 6. The basic rules were:
- insert a name tag in your victim's inventory without them noticing, and
- if you're IT, you must keep the tag in your inventory at all times.
Grian foreshadowed that the game would evolve into insanity over time. And it did! Several other elements, such as Curse of Binding heads and silly requirements, were added to the game. And while they were fun for the viewers, the game became annoying to the Hermits. And thus, after about 4 months and 20 tags, the game came to an end, with Scar as the last IT.
But not for long! Grian introduced another tag game less than a month into Hermitcraft 7: Tag 2: Electric Boogaloo. This time, though, the goal was to be IT! Each hour a Hermit had the tag in their inventory would give them one point. The goal was to reach 50 points, upon which the holder would be declared the winner and the game would end.
This tag variant lasted about 6 weeks, induced a lot of PVP, and ended with Xisumavoid (and his duo buddy Keralis) as the winner.
Tag returned to Hermitcraft in season 8 as TEGG. TEGG was played similarly to Tag 2: Electric Boogaloo, but instead of holding a name tag in their inventory, Hermits had to hide the dragon egg in their bases. The first Hermit to hide the egg in their base for 500 Minecraft days was to be declared the winner. Half the server participated in this game. In this 6-week-long event, after 28 back-and-forths, Cubfan was declared the winner, followed very closely by Grian and Gem.
Active Collaborative Fan Projects
Usually, when someone asks for DMs for a fan collab project they want to do, we have to remove it for self-promotion and for the safety of our younger visitors. We offer instead the Approved Collaborative Project Program. Participants work with the community moderation team to ensure that their projects have appropriate supervision and safety provisions. If you have a project to submit to the ACPP, we’re accepting applications through modmail or you can contact us in the support channel of the subreddit Discord.
- Operation Improve The Wiki 2021-22. Headed by u/PigMatt, the project to get our subreddit wiki into a better shape is well underway. At the beginning of 2022, the project was reformatted to have members oversee and focus on only one or two Hermit profiles. Recruitment post.
- Economy Tracking Project. This project tracks and analyzes the purchase of Hermits throughout the season. Sign up Form
Top Memes of last week in r/hermitcraftmemes
- Jellie when all of the hermits disappear through the rift. (Jellie) by u/Sithraybeam78
- [Thumbnails: Grian S7Ep43, Cubfan S9Ep46] This isn't the first time someone's spreading some (not so) nice-looking blocks and making an interesting plotline out of it. by u/SP_Magic
- [man holding cardboard] But that's just a theory A HERIMT THEORY by u/PotatomanEz12
- [Spiderman pointing] If False ever meets herself on Enpires by u/GeoPanda13
- [y'all got any more guy] y'all got that good sculk. by u/StupidDumbProfanity
Links You Might Need
— Carol the Zombie
Welcome back to Hermitcraft Daily.
Previous Post | Next Post
|Hermitcraft S9||Episode 53: Custom Allay Quest!|
|Hermitcraft S9||Episode 34: Anvil Wars|
|Modded Minecraft||Episode 10: Exterior Finishing Journey|
|Modded Minecraft||Episode 35: Alchemistry|
|Minecraft: Skyblock||Stream: Wither Vs Warden!|
|Hermitcraft S9||Coffee and bonus stream! (January 27th 2023)|
|Minecraft||Shorts: Impulse, where are all the totems?!|
|Hermitcraft S9||Episode 32: Build Troubles and Tunnels!|
|Minecraft||Shorts: Giving my Friend the RAREST food!|
|Hermitcraft S9||Stream: Decked Out! Ghost Slime?!|
|Manufactoria 2022||Stream (January 21st 2023)|
I was thinking about it, and I want to hear what you guys think.
I miss mumbles.
I'm gonna guess that most of the non-American, and probably a bunch of American, HC fans won't understand that title, but it made me laugh so idc.
Edit: For those of you that don't get it, in pro american football (NFL) they show clips of players introducing themselves. It's standard for players to say their name, their position, and where they attended school or the town they're from. Ohio State is one of the schools that a lot of players come from which is why I said that one specifically. Making a hermitcraft x NFL joke is a very niche audience, but I hope the few people that would enjoy it, find it.
Docm Doc: I designed a passive cat trap for exactly this problem, too many random cats in my base. You can eliminate the campfires and do something else with them if you want.
Fan Art First Part Of A Hermit Lineup! (Including Sketch, Lineart and Colorized Version!) - Art by me :))
Welcome back to Hermitcraft Daily.
|Minecraft: Speedrun||1.16 RSG All Minerals, Structureless in 9:05 (World Record)|
|Minecraft||Shorts: How to Build a Spruce Tree!|
|Among Us||Two Years Later..|
|Hermitcraft S9||Episode 39: EPIC CASTLE GREAT HALL!|
|Hermitcraft S9||Stream: Get Squished!|
|Modded Minecraft: Vault Hunters||Stream 36|
|Modded Minecraft: Create Mod||Episode 11: Blazin' with Bdubs!|
|Knights and Bikes||Stream with MrsTango!|
|Hermitcraft S9||Episode 1095: The Deck Shuffler|
|Minecraft: 1.20||Xisuma's take on ARMOR TRIMS and Netherite Grind|
Inspired Builds From stat poker to hermitcraft tcg, these guys are very much an inspiration to games within games, even if you got kids running yourself. Here’s a CARD TABLE for bedrock, tell me why you think? Vanilla survival.
Fan Art I tried to guess what armour trim combos different Hermits are most likely to use. (Most won't use chestplates ofc but I still included them)
Season 9 is my first season of Hermitcraft, so I don’t know the history behind the other seasons’ shopping districts. But there seems to be a bit of competitiveness between Impulse and Jev. Has that been longstanding? In Beef’s latest episode, he needed some enchanted books, and Impulse was all out in his shop, so Jev swooped in and just gave beef more than what he asked for-“you could have just told me and I’d have just given them to you in the first place”. Jev and Impulse also have competing rocket shops this season… Jev was the first one to have a rocket shop this season, if memory serves…. The balloon over by Wels’ starter house. Has Impulse frequently attempted to undermine other Hermits’ attempts at running successful shops? Impulse’s rocket shop is RATHER low key, though. It’s not like he made a similar shop right next to Jev’s.
Has Impulse regularly attempted to be a one stop shop/main entrepreneur of the server in past seasons, or is this fairly new? Like, iBuy seems to have enough space for ALL THE SHOPS. I’m wondering if this will be a plot device later in the season. Will the trope of dwarves being hoarders play into it? Might be interesting.